General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (Florida A&M University) is committed to providing a world-class learning experience. From the University’s outstanding faculty and quality academic programs to opportunities for personal and professional growth, members of the University community have a strong environment in which they can thrive.
Florida A&M University emphasizes transparency as an institutional guiding principle. Any information collected or that you provide enabling consideration of your request for enrollment, employment or participation in University-sponsored initiatives or research through Florida A&M University will be used for that legitimate business purpose. For further information explaining how we use your personal information, please review our privacy guidelines.
Security Alert: Foreign Cyber Actors Target Home and Office Routers and Networked Devices Worldwide
The FBI recommends any owner of small office and home office routers power cycle (reboot) the devices. Foreign cyber actors have compromised hundreds of thousands of home and office routers and other networked devices worldwide. The actors used VPNFilter malware to target small office and home office routers. The malware is able to perform multiple functions, including possible information collection, device exploitation, and blocking network traffic.
The FBI recommends any owner of small office and home office routers reboot the devices to temporarily disrupt the malware and aid the potential identification of infected devices. Owners are advised to consider disabling remote management settings on devices and secure with strong passwords and encryption when enabled. Network devices should be upgraded to the latest available versions of firmware.
FBI Safety and Security Awareness When Traveling Abroad
Our mission is to provide technology tools and services, education, awareness, and guidance to help FAMU appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computing and information assets.
Our responsibilities include:
- Incident response - working with IT administrators to identify and contain security breaches
- Information security awareness - providing education on technical threats, vulnerabilities, security trends and approved best practices
- Conducting forensic data analysis
- Guiding disaster recovery and business continuity efforts
- Developing and maintaining IT Security Policies and Procedures that address the protection needs of the University and ensure compliance with regulatory standards
Current Security Tips and Threats
- Good Security Habits
- Email Safety Tips
- Email Scams (Social Engineering and Phishing attacks
- Identity Theft
- Securing your Web Browser for Safer Internet Surfing
- Software Vulnerabilities
- Strong Passwords
- Viruses Trojans and Malware Recovery