This document explains how to connect to the Office 365 service.
Warning: Before proceeding, make sure you have updated Outlook to the latest version (patch) currently available. If you do not update Outlook before proceeding, the potential exists that you will be unable to configure your account to Office 365 (you will receive an error during the configuration process).
Configure Outlook 2011 for Office 365
- Launch Outlook 2011.
- Open the Outlook menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Accounts icon from the Outlook Preferences window.
- Click the Exchange Account option.
- On the Auto Account Setup window, enter the following for each field:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Method: User Name and Password
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Enter current password
- Ensure Configure Automatically is checked.
- Click Add Account.
Please note: If you receive an error message that your account is unable to be auto-configured, please make sure that your Outlook client is fully updated to the newest version (patch) currently available.
- If you receive a warning similar to the following, place a check mark within "Always use my response for this server" box and click Allow to continue.
- A summary will be displayed upon successfully account configuration.
- Modify the account description field to something more descriptive; such as your name.
- Close the Accounts window to start using Outlook.
Important: Depending on the size and amount of emails you have in your account, Outlook may require some time to completely download all of your mail (and other data) the first time you load Outlook after configuring your account