Question 1: I am trying to pay an expense, but it will not pass budget checking. What should I do?
Answer 1: Use the Budget Inquiry to check the budget balance for the chartfield used on the Requisition/Voucher/Expense. It is possible the budget balance has changed due to other payments which you are unaware.
Navigation: Commitment Control --> Review Budget Activities --> Budget Details --> Search
- Enter Business Unit - FAM01
- Choose Ledger Group from Drop Down List
- Enter Account
- Enter Department
- Enter Budget period
- Click on the “Search” button
*Please note that the Account, Department, Fund Code and Program Code are all optional but to restrict your results, enter them.
Click on the “View Details” hyperlink to review the budget. The budget is displayed below with the expense (vouchers), Encumbrance (Purchase Orders) and Pre-Encumbrance (Requisitions).
Question 2: Do we need to breakdown expenses for travel, ground transportation, etc. on each expense report or can we just report the total expenses for a given trip?
Answer 2: Provide details for each type of travel expense that is being reimbursed and provide all receipts for any reimbursement.
Navigation: Employee Self-Service --> Travel and Expense Center
- Click Create/Modify for Expense Reports
- Enter Travel Empl ID
- Click Add
4. Select “A Travel Authorization” from Quick Start Drop Down
5. Click GO
6. Click Select to create Expense Report from Approved Travel Authorization
- Expense Report must be itemized.
Question 3: How do I search for a supplier?
Answer 3: Navigation: eProcurement --> Requisition --> Special Requests --> Select Look up --> Enter Supplier Name --> Click Find
Question 4: Where do I see the status of my requisition?
Answer 4: If you can’t find your requisition, use the search fields to expand or narrow your search. Once you locate your requisition, use the small triangle to the left of the requisition ID to expand the
requisition and from there, you can look up approvals, PO statuses and invoice payments whichever is eligible.
Navigation: eProcurement >> Manage Requisitions.
3. Enter your desired search criteria and select Search.
The search results will display.
4. Select the small triangle to the left of the requisition ID to expand the requisition and from there, you can look up approvals, PO statuses and invoice payments whichever is eligible.
Question 5: How do I create a requisition and shop at the same time (Punchout System)
Answer 5: Use the Web option within eProcurement
Navigation: eProcurement --> Requisition
3. The Create Requisition page will load.
4. Select Staples Supplier beneath Web option.
5. Search for the items you would like to purchase.
6. Update quantity as required and Add to basket.
7. You may continue to shop or checkout.
- Quick Order: Enter the Item Number and quantity and click Add
- Enter Several Items: Allows you to enter up to 20 items at once.
- Search: Look for an item by Staples Item Number or Keyword and click Search. Search will display a summary of matching categories and the top ranking items in each category that match your criteria. Choose a category or brand or go directly to an item. You can also narrow your results by Recycled or Minority-and/or Women-Owned Business Enterprise products. You will also be able to select Show Images to view products or, if you prefer, Hide Images to display text only
- Ink & Toner Finder: Helps you find refills and supplies for your business machines.
8. Select Submit Order
9. The system will return you to the Checkout – Review and Submit page.
10. You have the option to Save for Later or Save and Submit.
11. After saving, make a note of the Requisition: 0000149909
12. The requisition will continue through the workflow process for budget checking and approval.
Please see the Procurement Services page for Policies Procedures and guidelines: http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?Purchasing
Question 6: How do I know if my voucher has been paid?
Answer 6: The easiest way to see if a voucher has been paid is to go to Voucher Inquiry.
Navigation: Accounts Payable> Review Accounts Payable Info > Vouchers > Voucher Enter Voucher ID or Supplier Name> Search>
Select Payment Information from Action Drop Down for Voucher
Payment Reference ID is the check number and Payment Date is the date the check was printed.
Question 7: How should invoices be sent to Accounts Payable?
Please make sure invoice is attached.