This document explains how to connect to the Office 365 service.
Important: Mobile devices, when configured for your Office 365 account via Exchange/ActiveSync protocol can be remotely wiped.
Note: These instructions will also work for Windows Phone 7.
Configure Windows Phone for Office 365
- From the Home screen, tap the right arrow or swipe to the right
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Tap email + accounts.
- Tap add an account.
- Tap Outlook.
- Note: Tap Exchange if using Windows Phone version 8.1
- Enter your account credentials:
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Password: current password
- Tap sign in.
- It will notify you with, "We're looking for your settings." After a few moments, it will return you to the email + account page. Your account will be listed and should be syncing with your account.
- Once the email account is no longer greyed out (syncing), click on the account.
- On the accounts settings screen, enter a preferred name within the "Account name" field - we recommend 'Office 365'.
- Make any additional changes and tap the check mark.
- Return to your home screen and scroll down to the very bottom. You should see a new square indicating your new email account. Tap on this square/tile to view your email.