FAMUSecure Configuration Instructions for Windows 7 Computer
FAMU Secure is a new wireless network that operates on the FAMU newly installed 10 GBb network backbone providing increased speed and reliability for network users. FAMU Secure uses WPA2-Enterprise that is considered the gold standard for wireless network security, delivering over-the-air encryption and a high level of security. FAMU Secure also utilizes SecureW2, a Wireless Security Device Management System to helps solve the common pains of deploying and managing our WPA2-Enterprise, making life as easy as possible for your users and our IT staff.
How to Connect to FAMUSecure Wireless Network on Windows 7 Computer
1. Right-click on the lower right hand corner of the screen to open the Wireless Network Connection Screen.
2. Select “FAMUGuest” and click Connect.
3. A limited connection is now established.
4. Open a web browser (internet explorer, google chrome, firefox, etc.), and a login page will appear.
5. iRattler account users will enter their username and password, and select “Sign On”
6. Accept User Policy
7. Select Continue
8. Congratulation you’re now connected to FAMU Guest Network.
Note: Some users may need to exit and re-enter there web browser to gain internet access. Restarting your computer maybe necessary to establish and internet connection.
9. Click on the below link to start XpressConnect. Or copy and paste into a web browser the following: http://connect.famu.edu/
10. Click “I Accept of the terms of the End-User License Agreement” and Next click “Start”
11. Click “Run”
12. Click on the above bubble and select “Install This Add-on for All User on This Computer”
13. Select FAMUSecure and press “Continue”
14. Now “XpressConnect has been loaded.”
15. Enter iRattler “Username” and “Password”
16. Now successfully connected to FAMUSecure.
Note Click link in the bubble below, to bring up authentication page if additional information is needed.
17. Select “Work network”
18. Congratulation you’re now connected to FAMUSecure Network.
19. You can now browse the internet.