Office 365 (OWA - Outlook Web Application) Creating Appointments and Meetings
Create an appointment
Click New event or double-click the calendar to open a new calendar item form.
- Enter a short description of the event.
- Add a location if you want.
- Select the starting date and time.
- Select the duration. Select All day for an all-day event. All-day events appear at the top of the calendar.
- Use Show as to choose how you want the time to appear on your calendar.
- Change or turn off the reminder.
- If you have write access/permissions to more than one calendar, choose which calendar to save it to.
- Set a repeating pattern if you want this event to repeat.
- Mark it as Private if you don't want anyone you've shared your calendar with to see the details.
- Use the Notes area to add any other information you want.
- Click Save icon to save your changes or Discard icon to cancel.
Create a meeting
A meeting is a calendar event that you send to other people. You create a meeting the same way you do an appointment, but you invite attendees and may add a resource such as a conference room/equipment.
After you've selected New event icon, you follow most of the same steps. To turn a calendar item into an invitation, start by entering the names of people you want to invite in the Attendees field.
- You can type names directly in the Attendees field to add them.
Note: If you use the + (Add Attendees) button, the results of your search will be presented in a different format.
- Enter a location, or select Add a room to see a list of available conference rooms from your organization's address book. Select Scheduling Assistant to show the calendars of attendees.
- To see the availability of attendees and conference rooms, select Scheduling Assistant. When you're done, click OK icon to save your changes or Discard icon to cancel. Either will take you back to the event form where you can make any other changes you want before sending. For more information, see using the Scheduling Assistant.
- By default, Request responses is turned on, but you can turn it off if you don't want to know who has accepted or declined the invitation. If you leave request responses on, you'll receive a message as each attendee accepts or declines your invitation.
- Click Send icon to save your changes and send the invitation to the attendees or Discard icon to cancel.