Download and Install Office 2016 for Mac
- Sign in to Webmail using your FAMU credentials.
- Go to Settings > Office 365 Settings > Software.
- On the Software page, under Install Office 2016 for Mac, select Install to begin downloading the installer package.
- Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg.
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Enter your Mac login password to complete the installation.
Activate Office 2016 for Mac
After Office 2016 for Mac is installed, Word 2016 for Mac opens so you can activate Office and confirm your subscription. You should only have to do this once.
- Review the Word 2016 for Mac What's New screen, and then select Get started.
- On the Sign in to Activate Office screen, select Sign In, and then enter your FAMU account.
- After you sign in, you may see an alert asking for permission to access the Microsoft identity stored in your keychain. Select Allow or Always Allow to continue.
- On the next screen, choose an appearance for your Office installation, select Continue, and then select the Start Using Word button to open the app and complete the Office 2016 for Mac activation.
Launch an Office App
- Open Finder and select Applications in the sidebar.
- Find the Office app you want and double-click to open it.
Can Office 2016 for Mac and Office for Mac 2011 on the same computer?
- Yes, Office 2016 for Mac and Office for Mac 2011 at the same time. However, we recommend that you uninstall Office for Mac 2011 before you install the new version just to prevent any confusion.
- Click Go > Applications, and drag the Microsoft Office 2011 folder to Trash.
- Restart your computer.
How do I pin the Office app icons to the dock?
- Go to Finder > Applications and open the Office app you want.
- In the Dock, Control+click or right-click the app icon and choose Options > Keep in Dock.