FAMUSecure Configuration Instructions for Mac Computer
FAMU Secure is a new wireless network that operates on the FAMU newly installed 10 GBb network backbone providing increased speed and reliability for network users. FAMU Secure uses WPA2-Enterprise that is considered the gold standard for wireless network security, delivering over-the-air encryption and a high level of security. FAMU Secure also utilizes SecureW2, a Wireless Security Device Management System to helps solve the common pains of deploying and managing our WPA2-Enterprise, making life as easy as possible for your users and our IT staff.
How to Connect to FAMUSecure Wireless Network on Mac Computer
1. Click on the wireless icon at the top of the screen to open the Wireless Network Connection Screen. Select “FAMUGuest” and click Connect.
2. Open any browser like Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome.
3. iRattler account users will enter their username and password, and select “Sign On”
4. Accept User Policy
5. Select Continue
6. Congratulation you’re now connected to FAMU Guest Network.
Note: Some users may need to exit and re-enter there web browser to gain internet access. Restarting your computer maybe necessary to establish and internet connection.
7. Open a “Web Browser” (Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome, etc.) Click on the below link to start XpressConnect. Or copy and paste into a web browser the following: http://connect.famu.edu
8. Click “I Accept the terms of the End-User License Agreement” then click “Start”
9. Click “This Device”
10. Click “click here to load XpressConnect”
11. Use mouse or touchpad to touch download icon at the bottom of the screen.
12. Double click on “XpressConnect” in display window.
13. Enter iRattler “Username” and “Password” press “Continue”.
14. Enter ”Computer Admin Account & Password” then Click “OK”
15. Click “Done”
16. Congratulation you’re now connected to FAMUSecure Network.
17. You can now browse the internet.